There are presently no open calls for submissions.
We like work that uses the senses and explores some part of the human condition. We like something we can taste, smell, squeeze. We like weird and wonderful – pieces that read the theme in a way we wouldn't expect. We encourage work mainly from women and underrepresented voices.
We are now closed for submissions for our 20th issue SHORT SHORTS. Please do not continue to email submissions; they will no longer count.
Please read our updated guidelines before submitting and remember the following:
- Unlike previous issues, we are open to themes/subjects/topics for SHORT SHORTS, as long as it corresponds with our guidelines
- Simultaneous submissions are totally fine and heartily encouraged, but if your submission is accepted elsewhere please inform us asap
- We do not accept previously published submissions. We obtain First Serial Rights, which means we have the rights to publish your work for the first time
- Once you have sent us your submission, and you notice a mistake in your work or cover letter, drop us an email or request an edit. Please do not withdraw and re-submit; we have a limited number of free submissions per year, and we want to give all writers the opportunity to submit for free
- If you are submitting more than one of the same genre (e.g. 3 poems or 4 photos), please upload in ONE category, not as separate categories. It's easier for our editors to organise your submissions!
- As part of the magazine's ethos, we blend art and writing – please be aware that your work will be accompanied with another form of art and will be at our editors' discretion.
Okay, your turn now. Blow our senses. Any questions? Email email@example.com.
Please note: Paid submissions will receive priority response time over standard submissions. It does NOT guarantee acceptance.